Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gustafson's Adventures in California

Nicholas sporting all his Disneyland gear...Mickey Mouse ears, 1st visit pin, and silhouette cut-out.
The Jungle Cruise ride was the first one we went on at Disneyland


Daddy and Nicholas...Nicholas loved seeing all the animals on the Jungle Cruise


Meeting Winnie-the-Pooh

Watching Mickey, Donald Duck, Goofy, Chip & Dale dance

Disneyland band and characters dancing in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle
Celebrate parade
Crashed out after a long day at Disneyland. He loved Pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie-the-Pooh's ride, Casey Jr.'s train, Finding Nemo's submarine ride, and watching all the other people all over the park.


The next day Lyndsey and Keith took us to Huntington Beach and we loved seeing the volleyball players and the...

amazing surfers...


Nicholas watched the surfers up close on the pierThe morning was a bit hazy, but it was beautiful by lunchtime
Lyndsey and I posed for a photo on the pier

Nicholas enjoyed his first beach experience...even if it was a little windy!

On Sunday Lyndsey and I went to the Rose Bowl Swap Meet and saw all kinds of wonderful treasures
Lyndsey found a cute tiara for the perfect photo op

We had a great time on our trip and were happy to discover that Nicholas is a wonderful little traveler. He was in a good mood the entire trip and rarely complained. It was so nice to get out of the Pacific Northwest and feel some of the California sunshine on our faces...I even got a bit of a sunburn on my shoulders at the Swap Meet! Also, Lyndsey was kind enough to take my maternity photos on Monday before we had to leave and I am so excited to see them. She's so talented and I just know they are going to turn out great!
Lyndsey & Keith, thank you so much for your hospitality!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad it was a good vacation for you guys! Ahh, the sun is nice:)

Davis Family said...

Awww that is sooo exciting! Looks like he had so much fun! Seeing your pics at Disneyland has gotten me even more excited to go! We leave next Thursday to go to the conference, then we are taking Alexander to Disneyland while we are in California! I am so glad that you guys had a great trip!

Lisa Christine said...

We're heading down there today!

Those sillhouettes at Disneyland are my all time FAVORITE! It's the only affordable thing at Disneyland anymore :) (I wonder when they are going to figure that out and raise the price??)

I get some done of the girls every time we go.

Glad you had a safe and fun trip!

The Pie Maker said...

Fun! Sweet Baby really looks like he enjoyed himself!
Can't wait to take the boys. :)

~B

Brittny1007 said...

It looks like everyone had a great time (esp. Nicholas)!! You look great, & I love the name Ella (it was one of the names we considered if Logan was a girl). Oh, & Happy 2nd Birthday to Nicholas!

Emma said...

Looks like a great trip and one that made lots of wonderful memories! We love Disneyland, how can you not when you see the joy on your kids faces?! Glad you had such a great time and visit with your friends!