Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Power Wheelchair

Today we went to Shriner's Children's Hospital where Nicholas as physical therapy every Wednesday morning. Each week he practices driving the power wheelchair and since having baby Ella, I hadn't been able to go with him, Jeff had been taking him each week. Today was my first time to take him since she was born and I was so excited to watch him drive! His PT & OT, Molly & Denee, got him an infra-red device for driving that is much, much easier for him to use than the joystick he was using before. He did great driving all around the gym with it! I was so excited to see him maneuvering better than he was before. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos or video, but I promise to bring my camera with me next week.
Yay for awesome people to help with all of Nicholas's ever-changing needs!!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

yay! :)

Cass said...

Jess, what's the status on his own chair? How much longer until he gets his? Let me know if I can help with LMN's or any verbiage you might need or whatever other advice I can contribute.