We've enjoyed a few weeks of glorious sunny weather, which has made us really busy! Here's a glimpse at what we've been up to...
Picking flowers and strawberries from the backyard
Playing in the pool
Dining al fresco in the backyard most evenings...such a pretty view
Meeting new friends. This is Toby, the most gentle, kind, wonderful dog we've ever met.
Getting Starbucks yumminess
Playing at the park (a lot)
Helping family
Taking strolls around the neighborhood
Soaking up the beautiful Pacific Northwest scenery
Check-ups at Shriners
End of the year work events (I heart my fabulous job!)
Stopping to smell the flowers
Splashing with little friends
Wearing sunshades to keep the sun out of our eyes
Drinking lots and lots of water to stay hydrated. A little mint and lemon gives ordinary water some much needed pizzazz.
And resting...because all of that hustle and bustle really takes a lot out of a girl!
I know this photo will be one I will treasure forever. It captures our two-year-old perfectly. Last Saturday it was really warm and I was potting some flowers on the patio, so I asked Ella if she would like to go put on her swimsuit to swim in the pool. She said yes and ran inside to change her clothes. Minutes passed, and soon I realized she had been in the house too long unsupervised, so I walked in to check on her. I found Ella on her bedroom floor, one shoe off, pants pulled down, passed out. I guess trying to change her clothes proved to be too much work and a nap was needed. Laugh out loud...love her!
And on rainy days, like today, the kids create their own fun. Right now they are making scenes on the felt board. Nicholas is asking Ella to put on as many cars, trucks, planes, and trains as possible and Ella is trying to decorate around them with pretty, girly things. Ha!


0 comments:
Post a Comment