Our sweet little munchkin went from her silly, fun-loving self...
to sleepy, feverish misery.
It all started last Wednesday when Ella was running a low-grade fever. The fever continued for a couple more days with lots of naps, a lot less playing, and periods of lethargy combined with a loss of appetite.
On Sunday morning we went to mass and Sunday school, and Ella barely made it through either. So we came home and I cuddled with her in our bed all afternoon. I kept her hydrated and lowered her fever but she slept ALL day. The next morning I phoned the kids' pediatrician's office upon waking.
The nurse thought that her fever had gone on for too long, so she scheduled an appointment and I took her in. The doctor took one look at her throat and declared it "angry-bright-red with one swollen tonsil covered with pus." He also noted her swollen glands and performed a throat culture thinking that she might have strep, but that came back negative, so her final diagnosis is tonsillitis.
There were a lot of ill children to be seen yesterday, which meant that our wait was longer than usual. When the nurse took her temperature it had spiked to 104.4 and Ella was feeling pretty crummy. Because we had to wait both to be seen and then for the strep culture, Ella fell asleep both in the waiting room and in our examination room.
The doctor prescribed antibiotics which have helped some. What seemed to make her feel better today was a Pedia Lite pop and a lukewarm bath which broke another 104 degree fever.
Hopefully our munchkin can kick this tonsillitis to the curb and start feeling better as soon as possible. I miss my spunky, feisty, spirited little girl and my heart hurts to see her so ill.
Please pray that she feels better by the week's end.


0 comments:
Post a Comment