Friday, September 11, 2015

Back to School

Last week both Ella and I went back to school! I started classroom teaching again after a seven-year hiatius while I was the primary caregiver for our Nicholas. I am teaching kindergarten (part-time) this year, which is a perfect fit for me since Ella is in Pre-K4 this year and attends five half-days a week, so we have the same schedule. I feel extremely blessed to be part of such a wonderful, supportive staff and faculty and I know this is the perfect fit for me and for our family. 
Ella gets to ride to school with me every morning and back home with me every day. I can't tell you how amazing it is to have the afternoons with her before she is in school full-time year. 












She's using the same backpack as last year, because, really, since she only went to Pre-K3 two days a week, that thing is practically brand new. 



She loves her new school and she's started making friends already. Her favorite person at school is her teacher...the awesome Mrs. Jackson! 






 Ella brought this paper home on the first day. I was cracking up at her drawing...it includes all her favorite people EXCEPT me! I love my little girl, she's growing and changing so much and I am so amazed at how much she is learning and retaining each day. The fact that she's in a Catholic school with the theology and values and virtues we hold dear is kind of awesome. I also love that she wears a uniform daily...it's so much easier to get ready in the morning, there's no figuring out what to wear (for one of us at least). 

I know that God holds the ultimate plan for my life and I count my blessings daily that He guided me back to Pacific Crest Academy. It truly feels like coming home. 

0 comments: