Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baby Babble

I have just started noticing that every single word I say around Nicholas ends in a long 'e' sound. Here are some examples of words I use on a daily basis: blankie, binkie, nappy, sleepy, baby, silly, froggie, beary, bathy, story, bookie, diapey, duckie...ok, I think I'll stop now. I could probably go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Jeff informed me that I have been talking like this since Nicholas was born, and I think it's kind of funny that I didn't even realize it until he was six months old! Now I am hyper aware of my speech and try as I might...I just can't stop the baby babble! Oh, I'm sure when he starts acquiring words and repeating them I will pronounce things correctly, but until then I'm just having fun making up silly words for our little guy!

On another note, our poor baby caught his first cold and has had a runny (there I go again!) nose for two days. He's such a sweetheart though. He hasn't been fussy at all and just keeps smiling and playing all day. He has been taking longer naps, but other than that you wouldn't even know he wasn't feeling well! We are lucky to have such a laid-back, easy-going baby.

0 comments: