Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Visit With Santa Claus

Today we visited Santa Claus at Westfield Mall. Nicholas's cousins, Zoie (who's 6) and Alex (who's 2) came along and Eva (their mommy) and I were really excited to get a picture of all 3 cousins together. Zoie sat on Santa's lap first and told him all the toys she's been dreaming of for Christmas, and after she was finished Jeff placed Nicholas on Santa's lap. Alex, who hadn't napped, really did not want anything to do with Santa which is why you will not see him in in either photo. Once Nicholas was placed on Santa's lap, Zoie smiled for the camera on cue. Nicholas, who is the most smiley boy I know, however, did not smile one bit. He just stared at this old man in a red suit with a long white beard. He didn't take his eyes off Santa for one second. After a minute or two he realized that neither Jeff nor I was very close to him and his look immediately changed to...
this!

Sorry the picture is so blurry...I was laughing so hard because he is simply not a crier. He never cries! Look at Zoie so sweet and happy... and Nicholas bawling and Alex not even in the picture.
I thought kids were suppose to love Santa?!

0 comments: