Monday, December 1, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Nicholas in front of our Christmas tree
Christmas Village
Stockings waiting for Santa to fill

Yesterday was the start of the Christmas season for the Gustafsons! Jeff, Nicholas, and I went to mass in the morning together to celebrate the beginning of Advent (such a treat because it's usually just baby and me), then keeping with our holiday tradition we started last year we went and picked out a new ornament for our Christmas tree. We got a cute little baby boy angel holding a puppy to represent Nicholas and our dog, Jake. Then we drove to La Center and cut down our tree from Jeff's co-worker's tree farm. We found a perfect little noble and enjoyed decorating it together this evening when Jeff got home from work. Well, mostly Jeff and I did the decorating while Nicholas made suggestions on what ornament should go where. Also, I found the cutest stocking for Nicholas a few weeks ago and was able to get his name embroidered on it. You can see it in the middle of our two white ones. This Christmas season feels fresh and new because Nicholas is here...I am loving every minute of it! This is going to be my favorite Christmas yet!

0 comments: