Monday, February 18, 2013

The Cold Virus Has Returned

Last Friday afternoon our family spent the last few beautiful hours of light and sunshine at our neighbors house. It was about 55 degrees, which in this climate, felt quite warm and wonderful. Jeff shot some hoops and Ella and Nicholas had fun playing with their friends, Grace & Harrison, while Leslie and I sipped a beer and chatted. It was a lovely afternoon. 

I got up super early Saturday morning to lead an overnight confirmation retreat for work. Jeff also had to work so my mom came over to watch our kids. I was nervous to leave Nicholas as he started developing cold symptoms Friday afternoon, but he did okay with his Gramme. Jeff came home early from work because my mom was a bit concerned about him. Ella woke up very early for her-at about 6:30 a.m.-and spent most of the morning just like this, cuddled up with her Gramme. 

This was the breathtaking view from the retreat center in Skamania County. It's quite majestic. 

 I returned home Sunday late afternoon to a very ill little boy. Today Nicholas is not feeling much better. He sleeps most of the day away and needs to be on his bi-pap and oxygen constantly. We are doing cough/vest/suctioning treatments every two-four hours and more often if needed. I am so disappointed that the cold/flu germs found their way back to him as he suffered through this same thing just a few months ago. Nicholas only went to school one day last week but a couple of his classmates were coughing and sneezing and, unfortunately,  it seems to only take one little nasty germ to infect our susceptible kiddo. Jeff and I are re-evaluating school and contemplating home-schooling next year to give Nicholas an opportunity to learn at home and not have to suffer constant illnesses. 
Please keep our sweet boy in your prayers. 

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Poor guy!!! I hope he gets better ASAP!

Mia said...

Hi Jess ! I'm so sorry that Nicholas is ill again ! Winter is a hard period. May be you should move to the caribbean ^^
I'm kitting but still praying for your sweet boy and your family. Hugs from Madagascar

MaxLB said...

Hey, my heart goes out to you in a big way. You guys are strong. I would really like to help you guys beat this virus. I didn't see a way to email you info. Find me on facebook? Mickey Boaglio. I have crohn's disease, so I have a lot of experience with immune system related battles. We have helped people with Neuropathy too, but his situation is beyond that and above my experience. But if you're open to it I could put in a phone call to a Dr friend? I know you're probably seeing the best Doctors. I did too. And they didn't know much about the natural side to medicine, which in our case (and thousands of others now) has been much more effective. I was going to just post my email for you, but I didn't want it to end up online. I know this was out of the blue, but you guys are amazing. Also, in some of your pictures, your little girl and our little girl would pass for twins! Too cute!