Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Has Arrived

 Today is the first day of spring! Yippee! I, for one, am looking forward to longer daylight hours, more sunshine, and hopefully less rain. I spent last weekend planting beautiful flowers to bring some spring color to our house. More about that below...


Last Saturday afternoon, Ella, my mom, and I attended the Missoula Children's Theatre production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It was Ella's first play and she LOVED it! All of the actors (except for one) were cast on Monday and performed on Saturday. One of the blue birds was a girl from our church, so we went to support her. It was a little over an hour long which was the perfect amount of time for a two-year-old to sit and not get too fidgety. 



 After the play, I met my sister-in-law, Jami, at the local Mexican restaurant for drinks & dinner. We enjoyed margaritas and good conversation. I love her so much and feel so lucky to have her in my life. I always wanted sisters when I was growing up, and by marrying Jeff I was blessed to get, not one, but two awesome sister-in-laws!


I spent most of Sunday afternoon outside planting primroses, ranunculus, pansies, and succulents in all of our patio pots that have been mostly empty for a few months. It's so nice to glance outside and see color now!










This tree is in our front yard and I love the bright pink blooms. It's a sure sign of spring!


Our sweet Nicholas has spent a significant amount of time off bi-pap in the last few days, which is a good sign that he's starting to feel back to normal. The photo below shows his crazy bedhead...


and this one shows what he looks like after Jeff cut his hair. We miss his curls when his hair is short, but it grows back pretty quickly. 



Ella loves spending time around her brother. When he feels well enough to venture out of his room the sits next to him pretty much non-stop and enjoys singing to him or telling him stories. When he wants to be in his room, she brings toys to play with him and will often crawl up on his bed to rub his back, tickle his feet, or cuddle next to him and watch a movie. It's absolutely adorable and Nicholas lights up when ever Ella is around. 


 A couple of nights ago, after the kids had gone to sleep, I snuck in some 'me' time in the form of a relaxing bubble bath complete with candles, a book, and quiet instrumental music. It was heavenly and I honestly cannot remember the last time I got to soak in the tub for more than ten minutes. 


This is the book I am reading right now that my friend, Leslie, let me borrow. It's pretty entertaining with interesting photographs inside to help tell the tale. 



 I captured this moment today between father and son. Nicholas was so happy to have his daddy by his side. Jeff looks kind of tired, but I think that's normal for a guy working such crazy hours these days. Maybe spring will also bring some warmer weather so I can see more of my hubby's face again!


In the last post I spoke to Elizabeth's keen sense of fashion (ha!)...here's another photo to prove it. I have come to the conclusion that she's really an accessories girl. She prefers hats, sunglasses, purses, hair ribbons, and shoes over any article of clothing she owns. She's definitely my child in that sense. 

Happy spring everyone!

0 comments: