Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sweetest Things


Nicholas is back to baseline!! We couldn't be more thrilled that our little guy is feeling so much better and our routine is back to normal. For the past three days, Nicholas wakes up in the morning and asks that his bi-pap mask be removed right away (and doesn't need extra bi-pap support during the day), then he asks to go out of his room and join us in the living room, and he has little to no secretions in his nose anymore which means nearly no suctioning during the day. It's really so nice for everyone, especially our sweet Nicholas, that he is feeling so much better.

Nicholas has also resumed talking up a storm. He has spoken the words that are closest to my heart several times now:

"I love you, Mom."

Oh, how I longed to hear those words when he was so sick. Every time he says them, my heart skips a beat, tears brim my eyes, and a huge smile is plastered on my face. I feel so grateful to be able to respond, "I love you, too, Nicholas." Time is so precious and has proved to be on our side with our little fighter making a full recovery from his bout of RSV.

These photos show how much Elizabeth loves her little brother. She is probably the most thrilled to have her brother up and feeling good enough to play with her again. And you can tell by the look on Nicholas's face how indescribably happy he is to feel better and be around his little sis again. As I type this, Ella is sitting next to Nicholas on the sofa, and they are watching Wreck It Ralph together while she twirls his hair in her fingers. It's absolutely adorable and it is a moment I have seared into my memory to treasure for always. 


Ella is such a sweet, cuddly girl these days. She loves to climb up on my lap and read books. In fact, I think she could listen to me read all day long. She also loves to sing and dance. It's so funny when she spontaneously breaks into song complete with crazy dance moves. She definitely keeps us entertained around here. 


Ella had a play date on Monday with her favorite friend, Annabella. They spent the day playing with Play Dough...


creating art...


eating snacks & playing outside. Ella talks about Bella almost constantly so she was thrilled that she could spend time with her little buddy. 


Last Saturday, my best friend, Lyndsey, celebrated her birthday. I found this photo of us taken in 1996 at the airport before we departed to Mexico with Lyndsey's mom to celebrate Lyndsey's 16th birthday. I feel so blessed to call this woman my best friend and the wonderful sisterhood we've created in our twenty years of friendship means the world to me.


Ella had another play date last Friday with her friend, Leah. Leah's mommy works with my dad and the girls are only three months apart so when my mom and dad baby-sit Leah, Ella gets to go to my folks' house and play with Leah which makes her super happy!


Last week I had to work a couple of evenings so my mom came to the house to watch the kids. This is what I found when I arrived home. Nicholas and Ella love their Gramme so much and get so excited to have her at our house to baby-sit. My mom was reading Dr. Seuss books and making funny voices and the kids were doubling over with laughter. 


Oh, how I love Target. I found this floral bag that's perfect for spring. It's big enough to pack stuff for the kids, some items from my purse, with room left over for items purchased at the store or to bring home work materials. I can see it being a beach bag for summer days and a great carry-all for the Farmer's market. I just love a great find for a great price. 


Before our weather got all nice and warm (we're looking forward to 70 degree temps. this weekend) I was still making cold-weather food. I tried a new recipe from The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, shown below. It was an absolutely delicious beef stew, with a beer broth. I don't think my husband could eat it fast enough and he commented that it was the best stew I have ever made. If you've never heard of The Pioneer Woman, you can check out her mouth-watering recipes HERE.


We can't wait for the warm, spring weather to arrive this weekend and plan to spend as much time as possible outdoors. The kids will be so happy to hunt for Easter eggs outside on Sunday. We wish all of our readers a very joyous Easter season!!

3 comments:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

We <3 The Pioneer Woman's recipes! We really adore her meatballs. Delicious! I will have to try this stew recipe out!

Ella and Nicholas are so sweet together. So precious to see her loving on her big brother....

You are incredibly best to have such an amazing family and friend network!

Unknown said...

So happy life is getting back to normal at your house! I love the pioneer woman and have made several of her recipes too. Have a wonderful Easter!

Mia said...

Hi Jessica, it's been a long time since my last comment on your blog ! I'm so happy to read such good news ! I'm found of Nicholas'happy face when Ella is whispering him something ! Send you lot of love aoverseas !