A couple of weekends ago I went to California for a Religious Education Conference for work. I got to fit in Thursday with two of my favorite people, cute as a button, Mr. Henry, and his mommy & my best friend, Lyndsey.
We walked down 2nd Street in Long Beach. We stopped for fro-yo, Hen took a ride in the Batmobile, I boutght a blouse at a charming boutique, and we ended the evening with an early birthday dinner for Lyndsey at Tavern on Two. Later that night, after Henry was tucked into bed, Lynds, her husband Keith, and I gorged ourselves on junk food and watched American Hustle.
Sadly, it was a quick visit with the Yeomans family because the next morning I had to travel to Anaheim for the Religious Education Congress. I met up with two of my co-workers, one of our adult volunteers, and four of the high school youth who were also attending the conference.
There were over 40,000 Catholics this weekend at the Anaheim convention center listening to amazing talks on our faith, celebrating mass together, and witnessing to Christ's love for the world. It was absolutely amazing!
Father Robert Barron was the keynote speaker on Saturday morning and it was wonderful to hear him speak in person after watching his inspiring series Catholicism published by Word on Fire.
On Friday evening after Congress, all eight of us went into Disneyland for some fun and entertainment.
The first thing was saw was the Disney Musical Parade and I had to take lots of photos for Ella and Nicholas so they could see their favorite characters.
Sadly, the lines were super long that evening so we didn't get to go on as many rides as we would have liked, but we did go on Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We waited in the Space Mountain line for well over an hour so that ate up a lot of our park time.
Saturday evening we visited California Adventures and there were much fewer people there so we got to go on lots of rides that evening: Radiator Springs Racers, California Screamin', Toy Story, and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
This is a photo of a few of us before we left the gorgeous 90 degree weather on Sunday.
Of course I brought gifts home for the kids. Ella was tickled with her pink, Sparkly Minnie Mouse ears and Nicholas loves his new Cars hat that is just like the style daddy wears.


0 comments:
Post a Comment