Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mom & Daughter Day


 Last Saturday my lovely mama and I went to the Troutdale Outlet stores to do some birthday shopping for Ella and some Christmas shopping as well. I love spending time with my mom and with the busy-ness of being a mommy and wife, both of us working part-time, and our daily responsibilities we hadn't been able to have a mother/daughter day in quite some time. We had some outlet coupons and scored some amazing deals so it was a win-win: time with my mom and some great shopping!


When we were all shopped out, my mom suggested we have lunch together at McMenamins Edgefield which is right around the corner from the Outlet stores. 





I love everything about Edgefield. It's so picturesque, historic, and serene. This was the view out of the window where we ate lunch. 



Cheers to fun time with family!



I snuck over to my mom's side of our booth for a shot of the two of us.



We split our two lunches so we could share each other's favorites. My mom always orders a salad and I always order a sandwich. I had to try the Edgefield Reuben (I love to try Reubens where ever I dine but so far, no restaurant can beat the Reuben at a little local dive bar in my hometown called Smeads) and my mom got a southwest salad. 



It was such a lovely way to spend a Saturday!



0 comments: