Saturday, September 6, 2014

My First Stitch Fix


A few weeks ago, a friend suggested something called Stitch Fix to me. It's an online fashion site where you fill out a style profile and a personal shopper picks five items they think you will love and ships them to you on a preferred date. 

I received my first fix last week and I have to say that my stylist did an amazing job. I linked my style board from Pinterest to my preference page and my stylist took time to look through it and choose clothes that really suit me. 


I got an ikat scarf, emerald green skinny jeans, a black blouse, a striped sweater, and a denim jacket. I had requested that my stylist send me green jeans and I couldn't have been happier with the ones she picked out. They fit perfectly and are the most beautiful shade of green that will be perfect for fall and winter. 


I love the style guide they ship with the clothes for suggestions of how to wear each item. It's super helpful for someone like me who likes to see the potential in various outfits using the same piece. 


Ultimately, I only kept the green pants and the striped sweater. I would have kept it all but I already own a denim jacket I love, I have more scarves than I know what to do with, and the black blouse was super cute but also super wrinkly and I hate ironing. 


I absolutely cannot wait for my next fix! I think this is one of the best inventions ever. Being a busy part-time working mommy with two young children, I don't often get to higher-end retail places to try on and buy clothing. I usually just throw clothes in my shopping cart at Target on my way to the grocery aisle. It's really nice to have beautiful clothing shipped right to my door that is catered to my style preferences and body type. It feels like my birthday when the package arrives on my doorstep and I love finding out what my stylist has picked for me!

To try Stitch Fix, simply click this link: STITCH FIX, fill out your style profile, and wait for some gorgeous clothes and accessories to arrive to you by mail. 

1 comments:

Mia said...

what a great service! thx for sharing this!