We officially kicked off summer with a trip to Long Beach, California to visit the Yeomans family. It was a wonderful trip filled with sand, sunshine, and fun! Ella and I loved spending time with one of our favorite families and we enjoyed exploring all that California has to offer.
Our first stop was dinner at In & Out Burger immediately after our plane landed. Ella thought it was delicious.
I love this woman more than words can convey. She's one of my oldest and dearest friends and to be able to spend several days in her presence was much-needed therapy for me with all the changes we've experienced as a family these past few months. I love her.
Keith took Henry and Ella on a wilderness exploration one morning after breakfast.
One morning Lyndsey had a newborn photo shoot, so Keith and I took the three kids to the local aquarium. They all enjoyed looking at the different kinds of fish and sea creatures.
Lyndsey: "I think I will just take a nap right here."
Henry: "Nooooo, mommy! You can't sleep on me!"
One morning Ben and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. He is always full of smiles and giggles. I adore him.
Keith was so sweet to let Lynds and I have a Moms-Night-Out one evening after the kids were asleep. We enjoyed a yummy dinner, drinks, and wonderful conversation.
My talented friend worked her magic on my hair before our night out.
Sunday morning Ella and I went to mass at St. Bartholomew's the local Catholic Church in Long Beach. The mass was beautiful and we felt very blessed to be there.
The majority of our trip was spent at the beach. I think we went there nearly every day we were in California. These photos were from an impromptu visit, we just stripped the kids of their clothes and let them splash away.
Can you tell how much she loves it?!
Walking to another beach
Silly girls
Henry showing off for his buddy
Awe, they do love each other!
On Sunday afternoon we went to Knott's Berry Farm. It was the first trip for both Ella and I and we loved it! There was so much to see and do with no lines at all.
On the plane ride home Ella couldn't keep her eyes open. After several fun-filled, busy days with our friends, a couple hours of sleep was just what the doctor ordered.
Until we meet again, California!


0 comments:
Post a Comment