Last weekend Ella and I drove three hours to visit our friends, the Harkins Family, in the Tri-Cities. We had the best weekend ever! The four kiddos got along wonderfully and we spent the majority of our time in the water to beat the 110 degree temperature.
We arrived with water play gifts: water balloons, squirt guns, and bubbles. The kids got right into the pool and started playing.
The sunset that evening from the Harkins deck was absolutely stunning!
I was cracking up at Rod sitting in the teeny tiny recliner!
We tried to beat the heat Saturday afternoon with a trip to the movie theatre to see Pixar's new release, Inside Out. Everyone loved it!
Aubree and Ella loved playing dress-up with costumes and make-up.
Catie and I got to go paddle boarding twice while we were there. We went for the first time (for both of us) on Saturday morning with some of her co-workers, but we didn't get any photos of that time. The next morning, we decided to take the kids and go again. Ella was a trooper and loved sitting on the front of the board while I paddled.
Catie and Aubree
After we finished paddle boarding, we were all very parched, so shaved ice hit the spot!
Sunday evening we got all dressed up for dinner and mass at St. Joesph's Parish. Aubree let Ella borrow a pretty necklace. Aubree is like a big sister to Ella. Ella looks up to her and loves her so much.
Catie and I loved relaxing pool side together...but not for very long...it was too hot to be out of the water! We spent most of the days inside the pool floating or swimming with the kids.
On our last day there, the kids spent the whole day trying new moves as they jumped off the diving board. I love Ella's huge grin as she spun around in a circle.
Jumping into the shallow end. 1-2-3, go!
On our last evening, we went bowling and played arcade games. The kids loved it! Hank's score was higher than all of the kids AND the adults! He's a natural athlete.
Ella showing Hank some lovin' after a strike.
Looking forward to our beach trip together next weekend, Harkins family of five!


0 comments:
Post a Comment