Monday, August 17, 2009

Fabulous New Chair

This is Nicholas sitting in his new Wenzlite Seat2Go chair! I ordered it last week and was so happy when I arrived home from work this afternoon and saw it sitting by the front door. It has an adjustable headrest and is light and easy to carry so we can take it anywhere we want to go. It is also very supportive so he can sit upright in it without slouching.
Nicholas used it today to play with his toys on his lil' blue tray...he's waving hello to Dora in this picture, I think he has a bit of a crush on her!

And he can finally sit like a big boy at the dining room table with mommy and daddy! He loved sitting and playing with his spinning wheel toy.


Yay! Now it will be so much easier for him to go to restaurants, picnics in the park, and Gramme & Grandpa's house since he will have proper seating. It will come in handy at home, too!

6 comments:

Melodie said...

that's a really cool seat! Nicholas looks like he is enjoying sitting up like a big boy :)

Emma said...

You can tell how proud he is to be sitting up in such a big boy chair! That is a really cool chair and I am so glad Nicholas will be able to sit up at the table with you now, so much fun!! Em

Themorrisbunch said...

Yay! Yay for new seats! He looks like such a happy and proud little man sitting in his new seat!

teresa said...

Amazing how a small piece of adaptive equipment can make such a big difference. I love the pictures and seeing Nicholas so happy and pleased. Hooray for anything that lets Nicholas join everyone in the fun! Good job Jess!

Tara & Mark said...

That chair is awesome! I wonder if it would work for us? Does it recline at all?

Jessica said...

Tara, this chair doesn't recline, but it is very supportive in holding Nicholas up while he sits. You can good Wenzelite Seat2Go and find the specifics for it.