Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good Stuff

Nicholas's favorite thing to do is stick his fingers in the holes where the stander tray goes before mommy can put the tray on.
This morning we drove all the way to Shriner's for Nicholas's physical therapy appointment only to discover that I had mixed up the days and there was no appointment for Nicholas this morning. It wasn't a wasted trip, however, because we found out that Nicholas's stander will finally be here at our next visit on December 2nd! Also, the wonderful receptionist, Sarah, gave Nicholas this little stuffed lion toy which he wanted to name Lila the Lion. I rattled off a list of names for the lion...Leo, Larry, Lilly, Lucy...and Nicholas nodded his head enthusiastically when I said Lila, so Lila it is. Nicholas has been communicating more with us lately by nodding and shaking his head and saying, "yeah." I am really loving this age!

Nicholas seems to be feeling much, much better after his cold he had a couple weeks ago. We always know when he's not feeling like himself because he doesn't want to do things he normal enjoys doing: feeding himself, going in his stander, rolling on the floor. He had decreased movement during his cold which always worries us because we don't know if his strength will return. As you can see from the photos, though, he's back to feeding himself again and loving every minute of it! His appetite has returned and he enjoyed eating fish sticks, cottage cheese, and crackers for dinner tonight. He can't get enough cottage cheese lately. He has eaten almost an entire large carton in a week! Impressive, hunh?

On a completely different note...tomorrow is the premiere of New Moon and I'm so excited!! Jeff, my two sister-in-laws, and myself are driving to a theatre in Beaverton to watch it. Apparently Nordstrom bought out the theatre and gave away tickets to people who shopped at their store. My mom got four tickets for me after she shopped there and I am so grateful! Plus, she is going to watch Nicholas for us. I hope it is as good as the previews are eluding it to be.
Thanks, Mom!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

So glad to hear that Nicholas is doing well and I'm so exicted that you are going to see New Moon. Please let me know what you think!

Tara & Mark said...

Oh my goodness. Nicholas is growing up so fast. He looks so tall in his stander. Its so crazy huh? Does he love his stander? Brynlee love, love, loves hers!