
Today I turned the big 3-0.
It was a great day filled with loved ones, yummy food, presents, and a bit of shopping.
My mom took Nicholas and I shopping in the morning and she bought me some maternity jammies and sleeping bras both of which were much needed and then we had a nice lunch at Claim Jumpers. When we got home I put Nicholas down for his afternoon nap and enjoyed catching up on the DVR. I even got to sneak in a short nap before Nicholas woke up. When Jeff got home we played a few games of Tetris on the Wii and I used my lovely hot pink controller that Jeff bought me. Later in the evening we went to Eastland Sushi for dinner with may parents, my brother, Eric, and his girlfriend, Tina. Eric and Jeff ordered sushi and the rest of us enjoyed some Cantonese cuisine. Later that night Jeff gave Nicholas a bath and put him to bed so I could squeeze in a quick workout. All in all it was a wonderful day!
I am really looking forward to my 30's and happy to say good-bye to my 20's. Here are some things I am looking forward to in the next decade of my life:
It was a great day filled with loved ones, yummy food, presents, and a bit of shopping.
My mom took Nicholas and I shopping in the morning and she bought me some maternity jammies and sleeping bras both of which were much needed and then we had a nice lunch at Claim Jumpers. When we got home I put Nicholas down for his afternoon nap and enjoyed catching up on the DVR. I even got to sneak in a short nap before Nicholas woke up. When Jeff got home we played a few games of Tetris on the Wii and I used my lovely hot pink controller that Jeff bought me. Later in the evening we went to Eastland Sushi for dinner with may parents, my brother, Eric, and his girlfriend, Tina. Eric and Jeff ordered sushi and the rest of us enjoyed some Cantonese cuisine. Later that night Jeff gave Nicholas a bath and put him to bed so I could squeeze in a quick workout. All in all it was a wonderful day!
I am really looking forward to my 30's and happy to say good-bye to my 20's. Here are some things I am looking forward to in the next decade of my life:
- Getting out of debt
- Buying a minivan for our growing family and Nicholas's power chair
- A treatment and/or cure for SMA
- Meeting baby Ella and watching her grow
- The economy to turn around
- Traveling with my family-next trip will be Disneyland in June!
- Cultivating the friendships that I have now and making new friends along the way
- Growing older and wiser with my husband and celebrating both our 5 and 10 year anniversaries
I think my 30's are going to be some of the best years yet!


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jess!! I forgot ours were a few days apart, we should have planned an outing together. :)
I'm all excited about your hot pink Wii controller, I want one!! ;)
Congrats!
~B
HERE HERE!!!! So glad you had a great day! What an amazing cake! I love you Bell!
xoxoxo
L
Post a Comment