

Nicholas felt great today! Yesterday and today were the first two days in the last month that he has really, truly been feeling G. R. E. A. T. and we couldn't be happier! He has completely adjusted to his new AA diet and is thriving on it. This morning during therapy with Julie he was talking so much and so excited to see her and she commented about how she could easily understand his language and she was so happy to see him doing so well. His stats have been awesome-his oxygen levels between 95-99 and his heart rate between 125-138 when he is awake. When you have a child with a terminal illness who has been feeling really crummy for weeks on end, you start to feel like it might be the beginning of the end. Now we are starting to feel the opposite-that our child may be getting rid of the yucky sickness that has been plaguing him and starting to become his normal joyful little self again.
I also attribute his healing self to the prayers we have started saying each night as a family. The four of us gather together in Nicholas's room and thank God for watching over us and ask him to help Nicholas to feel better. I truly think the power of prayer can be amazing! Nicholas's two new favorite phrases are "love you" and "Amen."
You can see in the photos above how much he is enjoying playing with our new iPad. I downloaded quite a few new apps for him and he is in heaven exploring and learning new things. He really loves a fish app that we have that sings the ABC song, he sings along and it's adorable! He also likes the new drum app we downloaded. It was worth every penny to see our boy so happy!
7 comments:
So happy to hear that Nicholas is doing well and enjoying his new 'toy'!
Sometimes it seems like our prayers arn't being heard until a person looks back a bit. Betty and I are thrilled to hear that Nick is doing better.
Thank you and Jeff for the work you are doing. Love you all Betty/tom
Prayer isi a powerful thing indeed. So happy to hear all this good news!
"Love you" and "Amen"--so cute! This post brought tears of happiness to my eyes. I was so happy after reading your post--I'm so glad to hear about Nicholas's condition. Yes, the power of prayer is amazing. Hopefully my prayers for Nicholas are helping too! Bless you all!
So glad Nicholas is loving his iPad! And yay for good days and starting the new year off with health!!
This is the best post EVER! I'm so thrilled to hear that he is doing so well! Happy Gustafson family rolling in the the new year - what a blessing. Much love and continued prayers : )
So happy to hear he is feeling better. I have been in a funk lately too with watching Maya give up on herself. She says things are too hard for her and then just loses all her function. I hate it! I love that iPad too. Maya got one and its amazing how theraputic it is because they have to use their arm strength. Definitely worth every penny for these SMA kiddos.
Post a Comment