We had a wonderful weekend together as a family. We spent most of the weekend decorating for Christmas. Jeff got all of our Christmas boxes out of the attic on Saturday and today we went and got our tree. It is only a three-foot tree, but Jeff put it up on a crate so it looks taller. So far, Ella doesn't seem too interested in it. She just wants to make out with our Santa all the time! She is so funny...she goes over to the Santa that I placed on the fireplace hearth and she kisses his lips. It cracks us up. On Wednesday the kids are getting a visit from Santa and I wonder if she will want to kiss a real one as much as a fake one? Or maybe she will cry and run away? I think the latter is probably more accurate.
Nicholas has been his happy, silly, smiley self all weekend and I am so glad we asked to come home when we did. We all had enough of the hospital and my mother's tuition was spot on-being at home does wonders for a person's psyche and overall well being.
I was also able to get some more Christmas shopping this evening. I plan to go one last time tomorrow night with my mom after the kids go to bed and get everything checked off my list. I am heading to bed tonight with a heart full of Christmas joy.


0 comments:
Post a Comment