Wednesday, April 4, 2012

One Sunny Day




Last Monday we had a bright, sunny, warm day amidst many, many days of rain. The kids and I took advantage of the nice weather and spent much of the day outside. We went for a long walk around our neighborhood and when it was time to go inside the kids both started whining so I left them in their stroller and pulled some weeds from our flowerbeds. I entertained them with songs and stories and they were just happy to stay outside and feel the sun on their faces. Later in the afternoon, when Nicholas & Ella were napping I went back out and mowed our lawn. I love to mow the grass (shh...don't tell my husband) mostly because I love to see it look so clean and manicured when I am done. I also like the hum of the mower and the ability to have quiet thinking time all to myself. That evening we went to my parents' house for dinner and Ella absolutely loved running around their acreage. This time of year in the Pacific Northwest we don't get too many days of sunshine, so this day was a special treat!

0 comments: