Friday, June 22, 2012

Ouch!




Today our little monkey took a fall off the Bumbo chair she was standing on (to apparently reach the kitchen light switch) to the floor below. She was crying and bleeding a lot from her mouth and after taking a look, I thought she may have needed stitches for a cut in her mouth by her upper lip. I gave her a plastic ice-filled fishy cube to help keep the swelling down and then called Jeff who rushed home from work. Jeff took Ella to urgent care while I stayed home with Nicholas. A doctor took a look at her cut and said that stitches were not necessary, that the cut, while substantial, should heal on its own in a week or so. So now our baby has a huge fat lip and cannot eat anything salty for several days, but should heal quickly. Oh, the joys of parenthood!

1 comments:

Mia said...

ho poor little thing ! Maya is also a kind of kamikze ! At 16 month, she broke a tooth :( Hugs to you.