Jeff and I just got back from our fabulous date night. We drove into Portland and ate dinner at the Red Star Tavern and Roast House which is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. The food was divine as always and we enjoyed people watching and chatting about everything from our kids to our summer plans. After dinner we walked down the Portland waterfront and listened to some of the music from the Blues Festival that was going on. It was a fun night and I am looking forward to another date night next week!
Our kids were well cared for by my sweet cousin, Rachael, who I used to baby-sit for many, many years ago when I was in high school. She texted me during dinner to let me know that all was well and that both kids were asleep. I don't know why we never hired sitters before! We just got both kids ready for bed, did all of Nicholas's medical therapy treatments, put him on his bi-pap, and turned on a DVD for him until bedtime. It is so nice to be able to spent quality time with my husband and not have to worry about the kids since we know they are being looked after by someone who is great with kids. God bless date nights!


0 comments:
Post a Comment