Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Fun

This week's weather has been amazing considering the amount of rain we usually get in the Pacific Northwest. Every single day has been warm and sunny so we have been spending lots of time outside in the backyard. 
 On Wednesday when Jeff got home from work, the kids were napping, so we each laid out in one of the wading pools and talked. It was super relaxing and nice to have some alone time together.
 I realize this is not the most flattering photo of me, but I am feeling good and really healthy lately. I have been eating consciously-lots of fruit and vegetables and I have completely cut cheese, bread, and pasta out of my diet. I also play indoor soccer once a week and am trying to fit in time to work out as much as possible. So far I have lost three pounds and am so happy! I am not necessarily on a diet, just being mindful of how much I eat, what I eat, and am cutting out late night snacking and all fast food. 
 I made this yummy salad for dinner the other night. It was on a bed of spinach with sprouts, chick peas, cherry tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, avocado, lime juice, and salt and pepper. It was light, refreshing, and a perfect summer supper. 
 Ella is starting to become more interested in potty training. Today she got out her potty chair and brought it into the kitchen and sat on it. I gave her an M&M for sitting on it, but alas, no potty went in the toilet. We are going to be more diligent about potty training when we return from vacation. 
We got a nice surprise today from my good friend, Heather. She came over and brought the kids some beautiful gifts. She sewed a cute little cape for Nicholas's favorite husky pup, a fun tee shirt for Nicholas, and an adorable apron for Ella. I totally admire anyone who can sew well, as it is not a talent of mine, and homemade items are treasured around here. She is so kind and so thoughtful and we feel super lucky to be loved by her and her family. 

0 comments: