Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Harkins Family Baptism

Last Saturday Ella and I flew to Spokane for a very special event because my good friends from college, Rod & Catie Harkins, asked me to be their youngest child's godmother. They baptized all three of their children at St. Anthony's parish with the priest who taught Rod's Catholic instruction classes before the couple got married nearly ten years ago. 
 Ella and I boarded our plane at 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning and since the flight was not very full, the young woman sitting next to us moved up a few rows so that Ella could have her own seat beside me. She loved looking out the window and did great on the hour-long flight.
 When we arrived in Spokane we got a rental car and made a quick stop to eat some breakfast before we changed our clothes and left for the baptism. 

 Isn't the church stunning?!


 The Harkins' have three children: Aubree who is four, Hank who is two, and Cash who is two months.



 The baptism was beautiful and so special. 

 TJ Smith and I are godparents to Cash.
 Isn't he a doll? 
 Aubree is the cutest, most articulate, most appreciative four-year-old I have ever met. She played with Ella and watched her for me before the baptism started and later at the BBQ.
 Aubree with her godparents Tom & Crystal.
 Hank with his godparents Matt & Beverly.

 Mamas chatting with babies on their hips.

After the baptism we went to TJ & Jamie Smith's home which was only a few blocks away and had a BBQ. It was so nice to visit with college friends again!

Around 2:00 p.m. Ella and I returned to the airport and she did great, even without her afternoon nap.
 On our way home I snapped this photo of majestic Mt. Hood. 

It was a whirlwind trip, but totally worth it!! I am so blessed to be a godmother again! Thank you, Rod & Catie, for honoring me with such a very special title!

0 comments: