Last Saturday, Jeff went to our good friends' wedding solo because Nicholas was still phlemy and coughing quite a bit. He needed to be suctioned regularly and, therefore, we simply could not leave him in the care of a baby-sitter. The groom, Ben, is one of Jeff's close friends and because Jeff had a small role at the ceremony, he went. But, he was good about texting me photos throughout the evening so I could feel like I was there.
Nicholas started feeling a lot better on Sunday and his coughing is less and less, thank goodness.
Last Friday Jeff went on an ocean fishing trip with a group of people from his work as a team-building event. He caught a big sea bass and we enjoyed it for dinner last night.
This little rascal has started sneaking out of her room at night and climbing in bed with us. We love her dearly, but we also love our sleep, and having a wiggly toddler squished between her mommy and daddy on a queen size mattress is not our idea of a good night's sleep. Last night instead of climbing into our bed, she made her way to the sofa at some point and fell asleep there. Jeff discovered her at 6:00 a.m. when he left for work. We aren't quite sure what to do as this has never been an issue before. Since we changed her crib to a toddler bed several weeks ago, she seems to no longer want to sleep in her room. Any suggestions from experienced parents would be greatly appreciated!!


3 comments:
The crib tent worked amazingly well for us! Also I have heard of some parents who put a lock on their child's door so they are confined to their room. We never did that as the crib tent worked so well! Glad Nicholas is feeling better!
We switched the lock on the door. Instead of locking from the inside it locks from the outside. I wasn't sure about locking in... but our kids' bedrooms are on the second floor and we have wood stairs. One fall and I changed my mind.
Kenalyn
I do not know what to tell you about Ella. Maya does exactly the same (she's 27 months) ... what I do is to take her back to her bedroom and explain her that she has to sleep in her bed.
But as she will nearly be 2, prepare yourself for struggle on the spleeping side :s Most of children are trying to see our limits on sleep or food :s
Lots of hugs to all of you and especially healing ones for your sweet nicholas !
Post a Comment