We kicked off Friday night with some I Spy Junior on the computer. Ella is getting proficient at using the mouse and Nicholas likes to tell her when he spots the hidden pictures.
On Saturday afternoon Ella & I took my niece, Zoie, shopping for her 11th birthday. She picked out a couple of sweaters, a pair of adorable purple flats, and speakers to listen to her new iPod Shuffle in her room.
We all had a great time. Happy birthday beautiful girl!
After shopping, we ate a late lunch at Sonic (per Zoie's request, since she had never dined there before). Then we headed to Fishback Stadium to watch my friend Katie's son, Grant's football game. The little cheerleaders tried to get Ella to do a stunt. She didn't have a clue what she was suppose to do, but she had fun nonetheless!
On Sunday after church we carved pumpkins.
I have to give a quick shout out to my amazing husband...today he started his second week as the Mechanic Foreman of the Columbia Shop for Kiewit Pacific. He has been with this company for 4 years and has worked his buns off the entire time. He finally got this well-deserved promotion which comes complete with a pay raise, a cell phone, his own office space, and a small bonus. I am so proud of him and am entirely grateful for how hard he works to support our family of four!
Ella helped scoop out the insides of the pumpkins and later helped me pick seeds from the goo, so we could roast them.
Nicholas got to touch some slimy seeds too, but he wasn't fond of it. He said, "Ewwww!" several times.
Later, the kids gathered in our bedroom to watch a DVD that Aunt Tina & Uncle Eric bought them.
It was Alvin & the Chipmunks Halloween Collection and while it was not scary at all, our sweet Nicholas was anticipating scariness during the previews. Ella immediately went over to him and cuddled him and said, "It's okay, brother, it's not scary. I will help you."
Seriously. My heart melted. Absolutely the sweetest moment ever.
And they stayed this way for a little while. All cuddled and watching the movie together.
Later that evening we roasted the pumpkin seeds. I found a simple recipe on Pinterest and it turned out great!
We got one whole Mason jar full of roasted pumpkin seeds!
Before bed I put candles in the carved pumpkins and lit them. The kids loved seeing them "on fire." Jeff carved the two bigger ones and I carved the two smaller ones. Obviously Jeff has all the carving talent in this family. But there is one pumpkin represented for each of us. Ella gave them all our names. Lol.
That evening I decorated the house for Halloween and Ella found my witches hat and wore it until bedtime.
I was tempted to call her 'Witchy Woman."
The kids are now counting the days until Halloween.
Then on Friday we have a fun festival to attend for All Saints Day. I love this time of year!


0 comments:
Post a Comment