Thursday, June 5, 2014

I Love My Job


Really and truly, I totally love my job. I am the Pastoral Assistant for Sacraments at Holy Redeemer Catholic Church and it's a job I would have never predicted I would be doing ten years ago. I have my master's degree in education and taught in a Catholic elementary classroom for five years prior to conceiving Nicholas. I was pregnant with him my fifth and final year of teaching and I knew that I desperately wanted more time at home with him, raising him, watching him meet milestones, and being a constant in his young life. Once he was diagnosed with SMA, I realized how truly blessed I was, for if I had been teaching full-time, I would have had to quit mid school year to meet all his medical needs. I applied for the part-time position that I have now nearly six years ago and I have never looked back. This job is more than a job. It's a gift and a blessing and has been the absolute best thing for my family, my spiritual life, and my new career path. I feel abundantly blessed to be able to work in an environment that values family and allows me to be a mommy, first and foremost, because that is where my heart is. I thank God for leading me down this path of discipleship and looking out for our family in such a tangible, profound way. 

0 comments: