Thursday, May 15, 2008

1 week left

Baby Nicholas is due to arrive in exactly seven days! Jeff and I are very anxious and very excited to meet our son! Yesterday we put the car seat in the Pathfinder (that was quite an experience). I think new parents need explicit instructions for all the gadgets and toys a baby needs-especially car seats! Hopefully we will be able to get our little guy into the seat when we leave the hospital!

Tomorrow is my last day at work before I go on maternity leave. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I am so excited to be able to sleep in and relax during the day and to spend lots of one-on-one time with Nicholas when he arrives, on the other hand I will miss my students tremendously. I have had such a fun year teaching 2nd grade. Also, because I will not be returning to PCA next year, I will miss all of the teachers and families that I have gotten to know in the last five years I have worked there. I have made some truly wonderful friendships and I have some fond memories of my time there. I have been blessed to work in an environment with such spirited, kind hearted individuals who I will miss dearly. Hopefully the future holds great career opportunities for me while allowing me to spend more time with my family.

I went to my doctor appointment this afternoon and not much has changed. I am still two centimeters dilated and 60 percent effaced, but the baby has dropped into position and is no longer at -1, but 0. Also, I lost 2 pounds, which actually made me really happy...even though I can't really tell, it makes me feel like a bit less of a whale! I do feel better knowing that if Nicholas doesn't arrive by his due date I will be induced one week later on May 29th, so he will for sure be a May baby.

1 comments:

TaraLynn said...

Jessica Lynn

I am praying for you and Jeff that you have the most healthy, handsome baby boy ever. How much longer? I would hate the wait. I love that I can blog here and see pics of you and eventually that baby!!

Love
Tara Lynn

P.S. This wedding planning stuff is a lot of stess...but well worth it in the end, August 2nd soon approaches....:)