Now I am not normally the kind of girl who makes New Year Resolutions. Not because I can't keep them, but mostly because I just never took the time to think about what to change as the new year arrived.
This year, however, is different. My life has become a bit more busy...mainly because of our new bundle of joy (see above) and so I decided that 2009 is the perfect year to start making a few resolutions:
1. I would like to lose between 5-10 pounds of weight which was added to my frame while carrying the beautiful boy shown above. 10 pounds is generous...that would put me at my weight when I was a junior in high school, so just focusing on the 5 for now.
2. I want to start spending more quality time with Jeff. Sure, we spend a lot of time together...watching TV, socializing with friends, playing Wii...but I would like to spend more time: eating dinner at the table with the TV off, starting some hobbies together, or just spending 10-15 minutes every day talking about life.
3. I want to incorporate a little "me" time into my day. Some ideas for "me" time are: exercising, reading, journaling, and scrap booking. If I can do one of these things daily, it will be a very good year. To add to that, I would like to have one "me" day per month. Maybe a day at the spa, or meeting a friend for dinner. Heck, even a day to run errands alone would be great!
4. I want to travel more this year. No exotic locales necessary, just a weekend away at the coast for Jeff and I or a quick trip to visit relatives. Doesn't have to be expensive or luxurious, of course, that would be nice, but not necessary.
5. I want to play more board games to stimulate my brain. Like Scrabble. I'm 28 years old and have the memory of an 88 year-old. Enough said.
6. I would like to save more money. This will help me with resolutions 3 and 4 and will be so beneficial to our little guy as he grows up.
and last, but definitely not least:
7. I want to go bed (most nights) at a decent hour. I am the queen of late nights, which can make me a grumpy wife and mommy in the a.m. So I am going to try to crawl into bed every night a bit earlier and hopefully it will make for an earlier morning!
That's it for me. I think 2009 is looking pretty great already!
Have you made resolutions this year?


1 comments:
Those are great resolutions. Usually I DO make resolutions, but this year I was lazy & didn't! However, reading yours has motivated me to make mine now, just a little late this year! Thanks!
Post a Comment