Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Retreat

A beautiful view
Nicholas and Brayden...little buddies

The cute little cabin where Nicholas and I stayed

A few of the teens on the retreat


This past weekend I led a Confirmation retreat for a group of 24 teens at Anderson Lodge. This was my first time leading a retreat and I had a great time. But, boy am I glad it's over! There had been months of preparation leading up to this event! For those of you who don't know, Confirmation is a sacrament in the Catholic church. Teens in this area receive the sacrament when they are sixteen or older. The retreat weekend gives them the opportunity to learn more about the seven gifts they will receive from the Holy Spirit, allows them to interact with one another on a more personal level and hopefully strengthens their commitment to their faith. I had a wonderful team of adult helpers who kept things running smoothly and the teens who attended the retreat were actively involved in the talks, activities, and prayers. I was fortunate to be able to bring Nicholas with me and he was a really good boy all weekend, except he didn't really want anyone to hold him but me, which made things a bit more challenging. Anderson Lodge is a beautiful place...we woke this morning to the ground completely covered with snow! I love my job!

1 comments:

Stevens1007 said...

Wow! That must have taken a lot of work. That seems like a cool experience for the kids though. Your cabin looks like is was so cozy!

~Oh, & belly pics will be coming...