Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Busy As A Bee

Nicholas has been absolutely LOVING blueberries this summer! He wants to eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
He has also really enjoyed playing with a musical toy given to him by my co-worker, Diane. The parts move much easier than most of his toys, so he has no problem manipulating the animals and buttons to produce noise!

I honestly thought the Gustafson household was going to enjoy a lazy, relaxing summer, but nothing could be further from the truth! After our Vegas trip things have been getting much more busy around here. I finally finished my summer class today, but I still need to work on my research paper for my final thesis which I will present to my committee in November. I can't wait to graduate with my masters degree in education in December!!!
We have also had some fun at events...

My mom and I threw a bridal shower for my cousin, Danae, who is getting married in August...



and Nicholas and I went to Talon's Transformers-themed birthday party at Big Al's.



Dr. Sussman, Nicholas's orthopedic doctor, asked that Nicholas start wearing his KAFO's during the night while he sleeps to help straighten his legs. He slept in them successfully all night last Thursday. But with this heat wave, we have decided to keep them off of him for the next few nights. It's just too darn hot!

So in a nutshell that's what the Gustafson's have been up to in the last few weeks! How has your summer been?

3 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Isn't it funny how you always imagine summer being slow paced and lazy.....but it never turns out that way!

Yvonne said...

Oh blueberries! They are the best!!! Sounds like a busy - but fun - summer!

Themorrisbunch said...

Nicholas looks so super cozy in his bed.
I'm with him, I'd totally eat blueberries for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...oh wait, we do!