Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Tonight Jeff's youngest sister, Jami, and her husband, Kris, came over to carve some pumpkins in preparation for next weekend's Halloween Bash to benefit Unite for the Cure.
Nicholas enjoyed watching everyone start the pumpkin carving before his bedtime...he called out suggestions to us as we picked a carving template for our pumpkins.

Jeff, Kris, and Jami hard at work.
Kris's finished pumpkin...

Jeff's finished pumpkin...

My finished pumpkin ( a vampire biting the neck of a woman)...


Jami's finished pumpkin.

I think I am going to pick up at least one more pumpkin to carve this week. I want to do a cute jack-o-lantern face for Nicholas that has the same teeth that he has in right now. Stay tuned for those photos later in the week.
In other news...tonight Jeff's good friend, Scott, came over to visit and presented us with a very generous donation for Unite for the Cure...$155! We were shocked and so happy! Scott got all of Jeff's Portland friends together who wouldn't be able to attend next weekend's Halloween Bash (for various reasons, hunting trips and moving, to name a couple) and they all chipped in to help Nicholas! What lovely friends we have!
Thank you all so very much, now we are only $175 away from our goal and still have two fundraisers to go!

3 comments:

Themorrisbunch said...

Wow! Great pumpkin Jess!
Thanks for posting how close you are to your goal, I was wondering. Looks like you'll exceed your goal, how wonderful! How's the Cure doing on the whole goal? I've looked it up a couple times, but not lately.

Hanukkah said...

I can't beleive how close you are to your goal! That is great. Congrats. Oh, and awesome pumpkins...they really make it easier these days to do neat pumpkin carvings huh?

Stevens1007 said...

The pumpkins turned out great! Hope it goes well!