Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Camas Boo Bash

Koby and her little Transformer, Talon
Me and my puppy

Talon giving Nicholas loves



This afternoon we joined my cousin, Koby, her son, Talon, and Talon's friend, Brayden, for the annual Boo Bash in downtown Camas. The owners of the cute shops in downtown Camas pass out candy to all the little kids that attend. Boy, it is one popular event! There were soooooo many people there! This year, I pushed Nicholas in his stroller and dressed him up, but he didn't get any candy...he's too little and Jeff and I would end up eating it all. He has a runny nose and was tired so he just sat back in his warm costume and watched all the kids. These kinds of events are so bittersweet for me. I enjoy going to activities like this with Nicholas, but find myself looking at ALL the kids there who are so healthy, walking everywhere, and I get a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy myself, and Nicholas seems to enjoy himself as well, it's just that I find myself praying harder and harder for a cure after getting home from things like this.


Hopefully the money we have been raising for Unite for the Cure will help. Today we made it to our $5000 goal! We still have 23 days left for the Beauty Temptations Raffle Fundraiser and the Halloween Bash is this weekend. Both events will put us WAY over our goal, I am sure.

We are so blessed to have so many friends and loved ones who have generously donated time and money to help organize fundraisers and make donations. Thank you so very much! We could not have done this without any of you!

4 comments:

Hanukkah said...

We were there too! And it was insanely crowded. I have no way of being able to relate with or understand your feelings when you see other kids, and know that yours can't run around with them. You're such an amazing mother and a strong woman. You're so open and honest about your feelings - which makes it even more reason to beleive that Nicholas chose you as his mother for all the right reasons to go about this journey together.

Cass said...

I know what you mean, Jess. And you guys have done GREAT with your fundraiser! Wow! What a gift to the SMA community--you've brough so much money and awareness to the cause. Great job.

Kristen said...

Congratulations on meeting your goal! Doesn't it feel great?!

Victoria Strong said...

I felt the same way today at a similar event. Some things are just hard. :(

Nicholas makes a very darling puppy!