Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gettin' Creative

This year I decided to make some food gifts for friends and loved ones for Christmas. So I found a couple of cute ideas on Pinterest and made them myself. My mom had a bunch of mason jars sitting empty in her garage so I cleaned them up, bought new lids, and was able to create these Christmas cookie jars for pretty cheap and they're so pretty and festive. I found the tags and striped paper covers at World Market and they were the perfect addition to write the directions for making the cookies. 


I also found these bottles at World Market and decided to infuse vodka with lemons to create Limoncello, which is an Italian alcoholic beverage. I think they turned out pretty great as well. 


Then, because I was already feeling so domestic, I decided to make my own elderberry syrup as well. I ordered some dried elderberries and boiled them with ginger, cloves, and cinnamon, strained them, then added honey to the mixture. I made it just in time to help Jeff fight off a pretty nasty flu virus and to (hopefully) boost the immune systems of the rest of us!


I also finally hung the artwork I had been collecting since summer in our hallway. You see, last summer, Jeff was scratching a mosquito bite on his back as he was walking to our bedroom and while doing so, he accidentally knocked a picture frame off the wall which fell and broke and chipped our molding. That spurred me to change the look of the hallway art (which was all family photos in black frames) to something more whimsical and pretty with a lot more color. 



I found art at several places, mostly at our local antique store which has the prettiest things ever! I am still looking for a large 'G' to place in the middle of that empty frame and it will be finished!


0 comments: