This was the second year that Jeff was invited to attend the Northwest District Meeting as the Mechanic foreman for the Columbia Shop. The theme this year was a Hawaiian Luau and we had a blast! I donned my most Hawaiian looking dress and Jeff and I both received leis at the door.
I took a quick selfie before the party started in our hotel room bathroom.
Then we went to the Heritage Ballroom and enjoyed an authentic Hawaiian dinner complete with ahi tuna, roasted pig, and poi.
After dinner we had an awesome show with a fire dancer...
and hula dancers. Also, at one point they called up several employees to "volunteer" for various stunts: playing the drums, hula dancing and such which had the crowd in stitches!
After the entertainment and a presentation by a senior employee of Kiewit we went to a smaller ballroom to continue the fun. I sat with some of the Columbia Shop wives while Jeff went to the dance floor where the prizes were being raffled off. Each couple only got one ticket this year, so Jeff put ours in the bucket to win the iPad Mini.
Imagine my surprise when he came back to our table with it in his hands!! I honestly couldn't believe it! Ella and I attended a tea last Sunday and I won a facial, then we win an iPad?! I cannot believe our good luck lately, especially since we honestly never win anything!
I love my husband so much, he works so hard to support our family and I love that his company rewards his hard work with fun evenings like this.
We enjoyed the rest of the evening with his co-workers drinking, dancing, and laughing. Then around 1:00 a.m. we headed upstairs to our room and crashed.
It was a fun and memorable night!


0 comments:
Post a Comment