Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Heartfelt THANK YOU

Jeff and I just wanted to say Thank you for all of the support, kind words, and prayers you have been sending our way the last few days. We truly appreciate each and every one of you and feel so blessed to have such amazing friends and family members in our life. We know we have a tough road ahead of us, but we believe in the healing power of prayer. So, again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Also, if you not had a chance to yet, could you please click on the link to the right of this post to sign a petition to get federal funding to support finding a cure for SMA. It only takes a minute of your time and is for such a worthy cause. This petition was started by a husband and wife who live in Santa Barbara, CA. They have a little girl who is seven months older than Nicholas named Gwendolyn who is also suffering from SMA. I found the link to the petition on their blog and they need 100,000 signatures. There are over 56,000 as of today and you could help bring the total to 100,000 to help all the sweet, innocent babies suffering from Spinal Muscular Atrophy.

8 comments:

Val said...

I can't help, I might get comment crazy..But I'm crazy for that QT!!! While the research is happening, the people surrounding your family and Nicholas will do their best to get it right. I think of so many people who have it right despite what statistics might have us thinking and despite the research that is still very much needed. LOVE 2 y'all! Warning: Flood advisory of prayer, passion for awareness, and power thoughts to you guys

Jeff, Jennifer, Aubrey & Adison Gay said...

Jeff, Jessica and Nicholas,
We are here for you if you ever need anything! We are keeping you in our daily prayers!

The Jensen said...

Brian and I are praying for your family during this time. Let us know if we can do anything?

Lindsey

Themorrisbunch said...

We're all signed up and fighting with you! Team Gustafson!
My sweet sister-in-law signed the petition this morning!
As always, our prayers are with you.

teresa said...

Ihave signed the petition and forwarded it on to my mailing list. We are all fighting and walking with you Jess.

Esther Ogden said...

Oh Jessica, my heart goes out to you. May the Lord bless you as you turn to Him in your time of need. He is with you always and His hands are in all things. =)

Melanie said...

I just read all of this and I'm so sorry for your families trial. I've signed the petition and I'll do what I can to cause awareness.

The Lane Family said...

My heart and prayers go to your family. You had found my blog through Lindsey. I am sorry to find out that your son has SMA. I know how hard it is to have a child with medical problems and try to meet the mental and emotional challenges that come with it. As hard as it it I have learned to Trust in Lord and lean on him. We continued research and prayers who knows what great things may be in Nicholas's future. If you would still like to view our blog just send me your e-mail to wendelton@gmail.com and I will add you.

May god bless!!
Wendi