This morning I spent two hours volunteering at our church's garage sale to raise money for new pews. While I was there I purchased 3 items: 2 small loaves of pineapple banana bread ($3.00) and an egg roll ($1.00). I used the $4.00 cash I had in my wallet. On my way home I stopped at Kohl's to exchange some baby clothes for Nicholas and when my transaction was complete the salesgirl informed me I owed her $1.10 to cover the difference of the exchange. Knowing full well that I had spent my money at the church garage sale, I paid for the difference with my debit card. After arriving home I fed Nicholas lunch, we played for a bit and then headed out to run a few errands. One of my stops was at the bank to deposit the cash Jeff had given me yesterday when he cashed his paycheck. I pulled out all of the money from my wallet, filled out the deposit slip, and deposited the funds into our account. Several minutes later as I was walking into Hollywood Video to rent a couple of DVD's, a gentleman in a wheelchair approached me and asked if I had a dollar to spare. I told him I would look in my wallet, knowing full well that there was no money in there, just a few pennies and nickels. I opened up the pocket where I keep my cash and low and behold there was one crisp $1.00 bill. Surprised, I took it out, turned to the gentleman and said, "Well, today is your lucky day, " and handed him the dollar. He looked at me with sincere eyes and said, "Thank you very much."
I don't know what the man needed the dollar for, but that's not really the point. I know that dollar was not in my wallet several minutes before when I went to the bank because I keep my money in order of value, so the $1.00 bill would have been on the top when I pulled out the cash to deposit. I think God was trying to tell me that he is closer than I think and he can create even the smallest most insignificant miracles everyday. We just have to open our eyes and see them. I know Jesus is close to us, I know he is watching over our family-Nicholas especially. I believe in the power of prayer and that Jesus's love can create miracles. I know our son is loved beyond our capacity to understand, just as all of God's children are.
It is my hope in sharing this story with you, that you will feel the power of God's love, too.
*Photograph by Lyndsey Yeomans


5 comments:
I have been thinking about this story since last night...it feels like more than just a coincidence for sure. I love you and believe that you are all being taken care of. xo
L
The song with this post really gets me. I want to think of that when I start work on Monday. It is amazing what each ordinary miracle is to a person.
WOuld you mind if I post the link to the area where you can sign the petition on my blog site so that more people can get it signed. Just let me know!!
Wendi :)
god is so good and you are so right, he is with you in every step you take along he is leading.
keeping you all in my prayers.
I love this post. Thank you for sharing it.
My sweet aunt signed the petition and forwarded it on to 7 of her friends.
Post a Comment