Monday, April 20, 2009

Nicholas is 11 Months-Old Today

Morning physical therapy with Katie
A walk around the neighborhood on this beautiful 80 degree day!

Nicholas lounging in the shade while mama does some yard work

Koby and Talon stopped by for a visit this evening

Talon is so sweet to baby Nicholas


I have done these posts for the last 11 months, and today this post has so much significance to me, since we know our time is limited with our wonderful little boy. We hope to provide Nicholas as many fond memories as we can while he is here with us. We love you sweet baby!



On a another very sad note, we have decided to give away our dog, Jake. Yesterday evening Jake jumped our chain-link fence and went after our neighbor's cat. As our neighbor wrestled their cat away from our dog, he was bitten twice: once on his arm and once on his leg. He required medical attention and has his arm in a brace with a packed wound. Jeff is so very sad because he loves Jake so much. However, we did not make this decision lightly. Jake has attacked other dogs in the past and nipped our niece and the neighbor's granddaughter before. Now that he can jump our fence we are worried that other people are in danger. Jake always made Nicholas smile and was Jeff's constant companion.
We will miss you, Jake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 11 months buddy!!! oh he is looking so handsome in his shades :) SO glad you have some nice weather! That Jake is just toooo much! I'm sorry for Jeff though. Hope it's another sunny day and kiss our big boy for me!

xo
L

Lisa Christine said...

I just read your last post....I am so sorry. Please know that I will pray fervently for your little boy.

Happy 11 months Nicholas :)

teresa said...

Your page is an incredible gift to those of us that are far away...i feel in touch, included close. I send you warm mexican sunshine, our love, and missing. I lost my dear sweet dog Jake a few weeks ago after 13 years of good loving, so i understand the sadness you must feel losing your Jake. As for your sweet boy Nick, hold him close. thinking of you,and Love you Jess xx Teresa,saul and wee riley

Val said...

Those are some beautiful pictures! Nicholas is so long lounging in the sun, tall little guy! What is he 99th percentile for length? I can see the seriousness in Nicholas' diagnosis, but I am also very very hopeful for him. From a layman's view point, he looks strong and healthy and like he has persistence in spirit and soul. thanks for sharing your blog!

Anonymous said...

I just heard about Jake this evening. Bummer. Happy 11 Months Nicholas. Hope to see you soon! Hope to see all of you soon! Thanks for forwarding on the info. Hope to get together soon! Love you guys. xo Aunt Stacey