Friday, June 5, 2009

A Gift

Remember a few weeks back when I explained how we decided to put down our dog, Jake, after he attacked and bit our neighbor? Well, rest his soul, he left us a little present...they are small and black and can jump really far...

Can you guess what it is?!

That's right...fleas!

Ugg...so disgusting! I hate those things, they make me feel all itchy and dirty. So two days ago I flea bombed our house and felt relieved to get rid of all those little buggers, except now Jeff and I have spotted 3 live ones must have been wearing gas masks because they made it through the extermination.

So my question for you is...how the heck do you get rid of them? If you know me well, you know I am a clean freak, so this is really stressing me out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

The Lane Family said...

They are quite a problem out her in Virginia because it never gets cold enough to kill them. We do not even have pets and we ended up with some in the house, we tried the flea bombs, washed all the bedding,cleaned the couches you name it and still they survived. Finally we had to call in an exterminator and we have not seen any for a week or so. That is the only advice I have. Hope it helps.

Hanukkah said...

I don't know how to get rid of them but do know they dislike rosemary. I sneak a few sprigs in my cats foods occassionally during the warm months to keep her from getting them. Also, for flea bites (as well as other insect bites and/or bee stings) mix lavender essential oil with any vegetable oil and rub on the skin to relieve the itching and/or swelling. While I've never tried them or know much about this remedy, I've heard nematodes will get rid of fleas - you'd have to do some research though. Good luck!