Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Four Wheelin'

Getting strapped in

Modified joystick

So happy to be independent!

Mommy protecting the wall

Zoom, zoom!

Daddy coaxing Nick forward

All done!
Yesterday Nicholas had his second try on the power wheelchair! We went to his neuromuscular clinic at Shriner's Children's Hospital and after we finished, we went upstairs to the rehabilitation floor so Nicholas could show daddy and his god mama, Lyndsey, his skills on the power chair. He zoomed up and down the hallway and had such a great time! His PT, Molly, was kind enough to take time out of her busy day to allow him to try it again. Thanks, Molly!

7 comments:

Themorrisbunch said...

Yay! I love this post, Nicholas looks like he's having a blast!!!

Brittny1007 said...

It does seem like he enjoys the independence! That's great that he got to try it out a couple of times, too!

Anonymous said...

That smile just made my day!!
Em

Cass said...

I'm so jealous! I love those pics. I can just imagine how much fun he had, and how thrillig it was for you to watch him have that fun! I don't imagine that you know the specs on that chair, do you? It looks nice and compact, with a small "footprint"--just what we're looking for here.

Jessica said...

Cass, It's a TDX Spree made by Invacare. They have a website: www.invacare.com. I am not sure the measurements if that's what you need. Hopefully there is more info on their website.

Melodie said...

he looks so tiny in that scooter! what a doll..Nicholas will have a blast tearing it up when he gets his very own wheels!

Yvonne said...

Oh my gosh - he is so cute! I love his big smile! And that's so awesome that he will be able to se this! :)