
Today Nicholas and I went to our local
Rite Aide to pick up a couple of items...Infant Motrin for Nicholas (for the two molars he's cutting) and some make-up for me. As I was walking inside carrying Nicholas I spotted the cute and
reasonably small
Rite Aide carts and thought, "
Hmmm...I wonder if Nicholas will be able to sit in there? After all, it will only take us about 10 minutes to get
everything we need and be on our way." So I placed him in the cart, and lo and behold, he sat holding the sides of the cart the ENTIRE time! Not once did his head fall over, not once did he seem uncomfortable...he just sat happily and swayed his legs and sucked on his
binky. I was so impressed! Even more impressive is that he didn't even have his body brace on!
I still think the grocery store carts will be too difficult for him to sit in because of their size, and especially since grocery shopping for me usually takes an hour or so, but now I am happy when we go into
Rite Aide Nicholas can sit in the cart! It made check-out a cinch because I didn't have to shuffle him from one arm to the other while trying to dig in my purse to find my debit card.
Today I am such a proud mama!
7 comments:
Aww, look at him! Such a big boy!
I've found that as long as the straps on the cart are located high, like just under the armpits, it's usually enough to keep one of them upright most of the time. Unless they want to lunge forward to bang their head on the handle.
Does N have a Bumbo seat? I should post a pic of us using the Bumbo with a grocery cart. It goes in the big part of the cart. Though I don't take them out anymore with flu season and all. But they love the Bumbo!
Way to go Nicholas! We love seeing you thrive!
Love it! Bet you will be finding reasons to head out to Rite Aid now. :-) Enjoy yourself with another new experience for Nicholas!
Good Job Nicholas! that is so fun. I saw your comment on my blog, I turned my blog to a book through a website called blurb. It is very user friendly. I took a bit of work to edit but i think that it will be worth it:)
Yay Nicholas! Congrats Mama!!! :)
Way to go! It makes life way easier when they can sit in the cart, doesn't it?!
This is fabulous Jess! What a happy little discovery! It's the simple things, right?
Post a Comment