I had a request for this soup which I have mentioned a few times on our blog, so I thought I would post it here. Enjoy!INGREDIENTS:
- 2 quarts water
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic paper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion power
- 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) jar chunky salsa
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (16 oz) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- Optional: tortilla strips/chips & grated cheese for garnish
DIRECTIONS:
- In a large pot over medium heat combine water, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer one hour or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken, reserve broth. Shred chicken.
- In a large pot over medium heat cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Stir in salsa, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, chili powder, corn, chili beans, sour cream, shredded chicken, and five cups broth. Simmer 30 minutes.
Note: To save time, I often buy a roasted chicken from the supermarket and make the broth without the chicken. The total cook time then reduces to about 45 minutes.


3 comments:
Yum, I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing. Love the pics of the kids, miss Ella is getting big. What sweet relationship they have
Sounds so yummy... Thanks a lot, Jessica!!! I can't wait to try making it :)
Best,
Paula
So how spicy is spicy? Do you think my girls would eat it?
Regardless...I think I'll make some for myself :)
Post a Comment