This year for Lent I am going to make a conscious effort to eat healthier, especially when it comes to snack choices. I will be trading chips for apples and cookies for granola bars. I am also going to cut out any fast food. I don't eat it all too often, but sometimes as I drive to work, I will stop and grab something, so that will also go for these forty days. I also follow the tradition of not eating meat on Ash Wednesday and every Friday during Lent. I am going to add some extra prayer time into my life and my prayer of choice is the rosary. I used to love to pray a decade with my students when I was teaching at Pacific Crest Academy, and so for Lent I am going to try to pray at least one decade every day and the whole rosary if I have enough time. Thankfully both kids' naps tend to overlap so I can fit in prayer time while they are asleep. I also would like to incorporate Nicholas's children's bible into our daily reading time as a way our family can celebrate Lent together.
Hopefully I can make this Lenten season a meaningful one for myself and my family.


2 comments:
I too am still walking around with my ash cross!!
As I know you will do, which you always do, you will make the fulliest of this lenten season, for not only yourself but also for your family...All my Love and prayers...Stephanie
As I've said before, I admire your faith! You are so dedicated and committed (something I should be too)--it's so nice to see. I too am giving up potato chips (my weakness) as well as cola. I'm not doing the meatless Fridays this year--just on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. Still praying for Nicholas and hoping he is doing well :)
Post a Comment