A few posts ago I wrote about my desire to have summer stay a bit longer because of having to be indoors so much in the fall. After pondering this for a week or so, I have come to the conclusion that I really, truly do love fall for many reasons:- Lazy days where the kids and I stay in our pajamas all day long
- Turning on our gas fireplace which fills our house with warmth and light on cold, rainy autumn days
- Lighting scented candles-pumpkin spice is my favorite right now
- Decorating the house for each holiday: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
- Cuddling up in a warm blanket with a cup of tea and a good book or magazine
- Cozy sweaters and boots are back in fashion
- Family gatherings that bring everyone together for the holidays
- Teaching classes at work
- Saturday afternoon nap time for the whole family
- The beautiful colors outside: our grass is green again and the leaves on the trees are starting to turn yellow, red, and orange
- Visiting the pumpkin patch
- Watching movies during the kids' nap time on cold days
- Making yummy soups and crock pot meals for dinner
This is just a short list of some of my favorite things about autumn.
Now that the season has arrived, I am so glad it is here!


0 comments:
Post a Comment