Saturday, October 22, 2011

Two Peas in a Pod

Ella loves her big brother and he is so enamored with her. This morning he wanted his chair to be placed on the floor so he could be close to her, and she couldn't wait to snuggle up next to him. Later, when I started his morning feed I put his chair up on the base (so Ella wouldn't have access to his g-tube) and he was so disappointed to be away from her that he cried and cried. So I put her in her high chair, which can be adjusted to be the same height as his chair, and they watched Pocoyo together while Ella held his hand. That made him very happy and his tears dried up right away.
I am so happy to report that Nicholas is doing very well. He had a slight cold last week, but seems to be recovering pretty quickly. He is so full of joy and happiness every day and feels fantastic! Life around the Gustafson house has been uneventful the last couple months, but that is just how we like it!
In the next couple months we are planning to get an eye gaze system for Nicholas to trial to see how he likes it. Our fabulous OT found a local therapist who holds monthly clinics where kids can come and try various types of adapted technology. We are excited for Nicholas to try one which will hopefully give him a bit of independence!

1 comments:

Paula said...

Look at Ella just admiring her big brother in the first photo and Nicholas loving every minute of it! What sweeties! Nicholas looks like such a big little man now... he looks healthy and it looks likes he has put on a little bit of weights too--which is a good thing. I know that one of the reasons Nicholas is thriving is due to the love, support, and great care you give him :)