Yesterday afternoon I returned home from an absolutely wonderful trip to see my best friend, Lyndsey, her husband, Keith, and 2.5 week-old baby Henry. It was a visit that will linger in my heart forever. Lyndsey and I have had a friendship that has spanned nineteen years and began when we sat next to each other alphabetically on the gym floor to be checked that we "dressed-down" for seventh-grade P.E. Our friendship has only strengthened over the years and we always say that our lives run a similar parallel. Lyndsey has been someone I know I can count on in any situation. She was my emotional savior during my divorce, a constant during the early days of Nicholas's diagnosis, and was present to witness the birth of our daughter. To see Lyndsey as a mother was simply amazing. To see her gaze at her son with such love and admiration, simply took my breath away. After years of talking about being mothers, to watch my best friend finally be blessed to be one was so special to me. Here are a few photographs of my amazing (but much too short) weekend in California.
This is Henry Porter Yeomans...isn't he the most perfect, squishy baby you have ever seen?
Mama and baby
Friday evening Lyndsey and Keith held a small get together with some close friends. This is (from left to right) Elizabeth, Jackie (with baby Nash), Lyndsey (with Henry), and me
We took an evening stroll to the beach...

Here are Nash (2.5 months) and Henry (2.5 weeks).
Proud parents photographing their son
Henry was like "Okay, enough with the paparazzi flashes, guys."
Henry in his swing
Making faces and trying to get Henry to smile
The beautiful family of three
I loved every minute of my visit...cuddling Henry, watching movies with Lyndsey and Keith, meeting their friends...but my favorite part of the whole trip was when Lyndsey asked me to be Henry's godmother. I am so touched that Lyndsey and Keith see me as the kind of person that they would like to be a role model in their child's life. I am honored to have such a special title and only hope that I can be an inspiration of love, courage, and faith for such a special little boy.
Thank you for making my stay so wonderfully memorable. I love you three with all my heart!!


2 comments:
Hi Jessica ! I'm so happy to read such good news & would like to congratulate for being henry's godmother !!!! Hugs for your kiddos ! cheers from Madagascar
What an adorable little boy! You are so blessed to have such wonderful people in your life. You will make a wonderful godmother to little Henry!
Post a Comment