As I was going through previous posts and summer photos, I realized there were a few that I didn't share on our blog. These are all somewhat random but worthy of sharing, nonetheless.
Nicholas and cousin Vivi. He really loves his sweet baby cousin.
One summer afternoon Ella crashed out on the sofa. The best part about it was that both her shirt and her shorts are on backward. At least she is consistent!
Several weeks ago,we received a shipment of beautiful dress-up clothes from a wonderful woman I know and her daughter. Ella was so excited to try on the dresses and costumes! Most were a little big for her, but this tutu dress fit perfectly. Thank you Teresa & Riley!!
My paternal grandmother has been recovering from hip surgery in a local rehab/nursing care facility so we went to visit her one afternoon. The kids faces don't show it, but they enjoyed visiting with her. Truly, it is so difficult to see the ones you love grow old, forgetful, and tired. I adore my grandmother and tried to be upbeat and optimistic while we were there, but as dementia begins to set in, my heart breaks for the young, vibrant grandma I once knew, as she slowly slips away.
A good friend of mine was in town one summer weekend in August, so Nicholas and I met up with Holly and her two boys at Top Burger for some ice-cream.
Ella, Rickey, and Victor all choose cotton candy ice-cream.
Then we walked across the street to Crown Park to let the kids get some of that sugary energy out.
Ella is definitely a daddy's girl. She's happy to follow him around and do whatever he does, sit on his lap and cuddle him, or go on adventures with him during the weekends.
So that's it for us for summer posts. The autumn equinox begins tomorrow. Goodbye to summer, hello fall!


0 comments:
Post a Comment