Monday, September 16, 2013

Ella Turns Three!

Yesterday, September 15, 2013, our baby girl turned three! I guess baby is the wrong word, because she is becoming quite the independent young lady. But she is our youngest, so I will continue to call her our baby until she has a younger sibling (no, we're not expecting). 

We decided to celebrate her birthday one day early on Saturday the 14th because the 15th was a busy day for us with my niece Vivien's baptism (I am a godmother for the third time!) and my hectic work schedule. So, we kicked off her celebration day with the best part of birthdays...presents!! This year she only got one from us because it was quite grand. 


She has seen this box in our garage for over three months now, but had no idea it was for her. When daddy brought it inside for her to open, she exclaimed, "It's big! Is it for me?!" Jeff cut the top of the box open and Little Miss Curious couldn't wait to see what was inside. 


Finally the top of the box opened to reveal...



her very own wooden dollhouse! She was so excited to start playing with it. I think she stuffed as many baby dolls and stuffed animals as she possibly could inside. 



The big novelty for her is opening and closing the front door. It's the little things, right?!


"Peek-a-boo, I see you in there, dollies!" Now we have to furnish the house. (Ella doesn't know yet, but my wonderful mom found out we bought her a dollhouse so she is buying several room sets and a little family to give her...I can't wait to see her faces when they arrive!)


After opening her gift, she spent lots of time in the backyard playing with the slide that my friend, Leslie, passed on to her. Thanks so much, Leslie! Ella has a blast sliding!




When daddy finished watching the Oregon Ducks game, we decided it was time to celebrate with a sweet treat. We headed to Coldstone Creamery and Ella wanted a sprinkle waffle bowl with the Birthday Remix ice-cream combo which consists of birthday cake flavored ice-cream, sprinkles, brownies, and fudge. Yummy!




\


Later that evening we went to the DeShazers house for dinner and some swim time. We had a great time with everyone!


 Ella is becoming more confident in her swimming ability (while wearing a life jacket, of course). 


Jeff was his normal, crazy self jumping and flipping himself off the diving board. I honestly was afraid he might break the DeShazers' diving board. And was very glad when he didn't!


Jeff kept teasing Ella that he was going to throw her in the pool, so he did. Once. She was fine with it, popped right up out of the water and didn't cry or freak out. But she kept a fair distance from her daddy after that, which Jeff thought was really funny.


A little while later (when she was sure daddy would be nice) she posed for a birthday photo with the first love of her life. 


The DeShazer fam cooked an amazing dinner and the kiddos all sat together at the little table and chit chatted in only the way little ones can. It was adorable. (Thanks for sending me this photo, Leslie. It's so cute!)



On Sunday, Ella's actual birth-day, we spent the morning getting all dolled up to attend noon mass at St. Joesph Catholic Church where my adorable three-month-old niece, Vivien was baptized. Sorrowfully, I have no photos of the beautiful ceremony, but I am sure my brother and sister-in-law got some, so I will post them on here as soon as I see them. 

Ella and I rode to the reception after the mass with Gramme and Papa because Nicholas wasn't feeling great, so he went home with Jeff. Ella loved the novelty of me sitting beside her in the back seat. 


After the reception, Ella and I arrived home and I had to quickly change my clothes and head to work because I had my first confirmation class and parent preview for religious education that afternoon/evening. It was terrible planning on my part, which is why we really celebrated the day before. 

This is the face I came home to:


Jeff left Ella in her bedroom to watch a DVD so she could stay awake until I got home so I could kiss her goodnight on her birthday. However, Little Miss took it upon herself to sneak into mommy & daddy's bathroom and put mommy's make-up all over her face. She came running to the front door upon my arrival and exclaimed, "Look Mommy!!! I have make-up. I am beautiful!" Oh, my gosh, Jeff and I erupted into fits of uncontrollable laughter and took a few photos before we ushered her into the kitchen to wash it all off. Thankfully she didn't do too much damage to my make-up, but I cannot say the same for the bath mat. This child is nothing, if not funny. I swear she does at least one thing a day that gets us giggling. 

Happy birthday, Ella Roo. You are as sweet as a peach and a such a blessing to us. You're a ray of sunshine in all of our lives and we are so lucky to call you our daughter. These three years have zoomed by at lightening speed and I have treasured all the wonderful moments with you. You are an amazing combination of daddy and me. You have daddy's complexion and Mommy's eyes; Daddy's hair color and Mommy's curls; Daddy's sense of humor and Mommy's temper; Daddy's love of adventure and Mommy's love of books and quiet; Daddy's interest in fixing things and Mommy's interest in cooking. 


I enjoy seeing you interact with your brother. He is so special and you understand that. You treat him with nothing but kindness and love. You are becoming an empathetic, compassionate little girl and I know that trait will get you far in life. Always show love and kindness. Never forget how much you are loved.


You are a joy. Happy third birthday, darling girl. 


A day-after-her-birthday interview:

What's your name?   Ella

How old are you?   Three! (sounds more like Free!)

Who do you love?   Daddy, Mommy, Brother, Gramme, Papa (no matter how much my dad wants to be called Grandpa, Ella calls him "Papa." I secretly LOVE it)

Who are some of your friends?   Alex, Zoie, Grace, Harry, Bella, Mason, Esperanza, Henry

What is your favorite toy?   My dollhouse (I guess it was a good birthday present choice *patting myself on the back)

What is your favorite color?   pink

What is your favorite cartoon?   Max & Ruby

What is your favorite movie?   Wreck It Ralph & Tinkerbell

What do you want to be when you grow up? A baker

What is your favorite thing to do?   Swim!

What is your favorite food? Cheese Quesadillas

0 comments: